Wednesday, March 2, 2011

kO haLe yeS Pursued by CareMarie


* Author Name: kO haLe yeS

* Stories: A Beautiful Mess 

CareMarie: Tell us a little bit about yourself:
kO haLe yeS:  I'm just a person who had her niece beg her to take her to go see some teen vampire movie I had never heard of and I finally gave in. After I saw the movie, I had to read the books. 7 days later I had finished them all and was hooked, needing more. That's how I stumbled upon Twilight Fan Fiction.

CareMarie: How did you get introduced into Fan Fiction?
kO haLe yeS: I needed to read more about these people that I'd fallen in love with. Google is really how I found it. Some of the first stories I read were bad... but I found some good ones and became obsessed.

CareMarie: Do you remember the first story you read?
kO haLe yeS: No idea. But I know it was Bella/Edward. Maybe that why I don't remember it.

CareMarie: Is there a story behind your pen name?
kO haLe yeS: You've all seen the "Oh. Hale. Yes!" things around the internet right? Well, my nickname is Ko... it was easy to combine the two.


CareMarie: What story (ies) are you reading right now?
kO haLe yeS: None. Any free time I have will be going into my own story. But whenever I have a good amount of free time, I'll find a new story to occupy my time. My problem is that I can't stop reading. It takes up too much of my time. I've developed some self-control now.

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite character and if so, why that character?
kO haLe yeS: Jasper. No doubts. It's always been him. I can't get enough. The swagger, the southern, the sexy... Yum!

--Stories--

CareMarie: First off, tell us a little bit about your stories:
kO haLe yeS: I wrote my first story, "Cullen Family Vacation" based off of a hunch to want to try writing fan fiction. Unfortunately for that story, I soon discovered the Jasper/Bella pairing and could no longer write about her with Edward. "A Beautiful Mess" is a story about Bella and Jasper, set in Twilight time. It picks up at the hotel and things get a little messy from there.

CareMarie: Why did you pick the pairings that you did?
kO haLe yeS: I love Jasper. I love Bella. I think that they are boring with their cannon partners and beyond exciting together. I can't ever see myself loving another pairing as much as I love these two.

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite point of view to write in?
kO haLe yeS: Bella's. My Bella is a smart **. She's feisty and sarcastic and I just love being able to live in her head.

CareMarie: Was there a part in the Twilight Saga that inspired you?
kO haLe yeS: Japer's story. It really appealed to me. It gave him this rich history and I needed more of it. It's also what made me love him and want to give him a story of his own.

CareMarie: How did you decide to post your stories?
kO haLe yeS: I read them to my nieces (who were the only people that knew about my obsession at the time) and they loved them and told me to put them on here. Then came all of the love through reviews and favorites, I had to keep writing for them.

CareMarie: Have you ever changed your story outline based off of a review? If so, what was the review and what did you change?
kO haLe yeS: Never. While I keep posting for the people who read my story, I'm writing it for me and me only. If someone doesn't like it; too bad. Feel free to tell me about it, and I'll read it, but I'll never change it.

CareMarie: Do any of your characters in your story remind you of yourself?
kO haLe yeS: A lot of Bella's sarcasm is straight out of my own conversations.

A special note to my readers: Many people have been messaging me about the status of my story. No, I have not given up on it. Months ago my computer just crashed. All of my outlines and chapters are on the computer and I've had someone working on it and trying to recover my stuff. I don't want to start fresh because I have so much done on that computer and was so happy with it. But, if I don't get the files soon, I will start fresh and continue the story. I will not give up on this story, it just may not all come over night. Add me for an alert and something new will be out as soon as I can possibly get it out. Thanks for the love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment