Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wayward Girl Found Completion with "Crashing Head On" by @LisaHR79

"Crashing Head On" by HopelessRomantic79
Emmett & Bella, Romance/Friendship, All Human, MA, Complete
Summary: Tempers flare and personalities clash as Bella cares for an injured Emmett, but does that hate translate into love? AU/AH.


One of the most unloved couples in the Twific fandom is Emmett/Bella. Anyone out there who enjoys the pairing knows that good Emmett/Bella fics are sometimes a challenge to find, I usually have to search for awhile before I come across something I really enjoy. "Crashing Head On" was one of the first Emmett/Bella stories I read and has stuck with me ever since.

Emmett is a star hockey player at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who has a promising career ahead of him. Bella goes to the same school and is dating Edward. Bella and Emmett's mothers are best friends and when Emmett is in a car accident, they ask Bella to help him recover. The only problem? They can't stand each other. Here is what Bella has to say about their relationship:
It was the first time I was actually glad Emmett and I had gone to the same college. He and I had never gotten along, no matter how much Renee and Esme tried.

We were just two different people. It was totally cliché, but I was the nerd, and he was the jock, simple as that. We'd never run in the same crowd, and had slipped into something like cool indifference leaning towards loathing when we were teenagers. Our moms had hoped we'd become a couple, but there was no way in hell that was ever happening. He always had a new girl on his arm, and I was a serial monogamist. The only two guys I'd ever even kissed were Jacob and Edward, and I didn't even want to know how many women Emmett had locked lips with, or worse.
Needless to say, Bella and Emmett are not happy when "The Mothers" propose the arrangement, but they know there is no other choice. What starts as a relationship full of bickering and annoyance turns into something more when the pair spends more time together.

HopelessRomantic79 always sucks me in to her stories and "Crashing Head On" is no exception. If you are looking for your first Emmett/Bella story, give this one a try, you won't regret it!

If you know of any good Emmett/Bella stories, I'd love to read them. Leave a link for me in the comments below, would ya? *winks*


Until next week...

1 comment: