Monday, December 13, 2010

beavoicenotanecho Pursued by CareMarie


Author Name: beavoicenotanecho

Stories: Boarders and White Blank Page

*A little bit about beavoicenotanecho: I am a boringly average person with a little witty sarcasm on the side. What else is there to say?

CareMarie: How did you get introduced to fanfiction?
Beavoicenotanecho: Well, the whole reason I got onto Fan Fiction was because of Twilight and a friend of mine. My friend, who is obsessed with Twilight, came to me while we were waiting for Eclipse to come out. She just pulled up FanFiction on my computer, and let' just say, I've been on here ever since. I was a reader of Fan Fiction before an author, though, for quite some time.

CareMarie: Do you remember the first story you read?
Beavoicenotanecho: Oh, this is a toughy. Hmm, well, my first real story, a multi-chapter story, was Making Love Out of Nothing At All. Or at least I think so. I've been reading FanFiction for so long, I can hardly remember what stories I read yesterday, never mind when I was first on it!

CareMarie: Is there a story behind your pen name?
Beavoicenotanecho: Not really. Sorry, bit of a let down here. I'm a sucker for motivational quotes, they're corny sometimes (like my pen name) or quite poetic. Everytime I see my pen name I find it rather ironic. I mean, it says to be a voice, but here I am echoing S.M's work. But, for the most part, when I look at the quote I feel motivated. Though...it doesn't motivate me to update regularly, ha, funny how that works.


CareMarie: What story(ies) are you reading right now?
Beavoicenotanecho: Huh. Well I am reading There Will Be Blood by Johnnyboy 7, Conversations With My Killer by OracleVas, The Cannabean Betrothal by ItzMeghan, Bourbon and Tea by Zigster and A Pound of Flesh by Jaxon22. What can I say? I like me some Fan Fiction!

CareMarie:Do you have a favorite character and if so, why that character?
Beavoicenotanecho: Well isn't this a loaded question, haha. Well...ummm....I wouldn't say I have an absolute favorite character. I like qualites about all the characters within the realm of the Twilight Saga.

--Stories--

CareMarie: First off, tell us a little but about your stories:
Beavoicenotanecho: Hmmm...where to start? Well, Boarders is a Bella/Sam peice that has got more than enough angst. Boarders was my first peice so it's a little rough, but hey,but some really enjoyed it. I like to think that it is a kind of more realistic approach to the imprint. It adresses the struggle of having to make monumental sacrifices for someone you barely know, and don't really want to know.

White Blank Page, by far the darkest peice I've ever written. For White Blank Page I completely obliterated the traditional imprint bond of the Twilight Saga. I took out all the good qualities like complete devotion, the need to ensure the imprint-ee's happiness, and all that fluffy stuff. White Blank Page is truly a darker take on the imprint bond with possiveness that is borderline dangerous, a complete focus on power and control over the imprint-ee. It's not all unicorns and rainbows and promise rings. It's a rougher take on the imprint. What can I say? Angst makes my world go 'round. Bella and Paul, within White Blank Page, challenge the notion that the imprint pairs you with the best posible mate.

CareMarie: Why did you pick the pairings that you did?
Beavoicenotanecho: For Boarders, I chose Bella and Sam because, at the time, there weren't many Sam/Bella pairings out there. I mean, prior to choosing Sam and Bella, I knew I wanted to write an Imprint story. When it came down to choosing who my leading lady would be, I immediately thought of Bella, just because I felt like I could write from her perspective really well. As for choosing Sam, well, I just really liked Sam's character in New Moon and thought that we didn't get to know him enough.

In regards to White Blank Page, I chose a Bella/ Paul pairing because they fitted the needs of my idea. I chose Bella, for essentially the same reasons as I did before (in Boarders) however, this time, I knew Bella was perfect for White Blank Page. I don't know, in Twilight I found that Bella had some weaknesses but a certain feistiness to her. In WBP I am hoping to draw from these original qualities but with some major tweaks. When I was in the process of choosing who the leading man was supposed to be, I just thought of Paul because my story was going to be very dark and agressive.

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite point of view to write in?
Beavoicenotanecho: Yes. Bella is the only point of view I've written in so far. She's who I am most comfortable writing with. But I do have plas to write from another perspective at some point.

CareMarie: Was there a part in the Twilight Saga that inspired you?
Beavoicenotanecho: The part that really inspired me was Bella and Jacob's kiss before he went off to kick some vampire butt in Eclipse. I don't know why, but it just kind of struck me.

CareMarie: How did you decide to post your stories?
Beavoicenotanecho: I just decided that I had some ideas that I thought were worth sharing after years of reading Fan Fiction. I got a lot of encouragement from my friends and well, I just posted them.

CareMarie: Have you ever changed your story outline based on a review? If so what was the review and what did you change?
Beavoicenotanecho: Yes actually. Before writing White Blank Page, I had been told my readers to look out for i, because I had just finished up Boarders. I was toying with the idea the it should be a Bella/Jacob pairing rather than a Bella/Paul. The only reason I didn't choose Jacob was because a review said that they didn't like Jacob where he was completely out of sorts. I, for some reason, dropped the Jacob/Bella idea and chose Paul because when I thought about it, he was the better choice.

CareMarie: Do any of your characters remind you of yourself?
Beavoicenotanecho: Bella's no nonsense attitude in Boarders reminds me of myself a little, and Bella's easy anger in White Blank Page reminds me of myself as well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment