Friday, December 24, 2010

Pursuing The VStaff — VGuard Arianna-Janae


Author Name: Arianna-Janae
Stories: Neverending Night, Edward/Bella, To Hate Your Own Existence, Edward/Bella

CareMarie: Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Arianna-Janae: I’m a 28 year old mother of two. My daughter, Kathryn, is eight. My son, Evan, is six months. (Yes, you read that correctly, they are eight years apart) I am currently a stay-at-home Mom, but one day I’ll have to return to my job as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.*sad face* In addition to my kids and my job, I enjoy writing (obviously), reading (who knew?), drawing, painting, and playing the violin in my mountains of free time.*snicker* Free time? What is that?

CareMarie: How did you get introduced into Fan Fiction?
Arianna-Janae: I started writing Neverending Night for my own benefit because I felt that BD left so many questions unanswered. Four chapters in, my husband told me to search out Twilight fan fiction. That was just over a year ago.


CareMarie: Do you remember the first story you read?
Arianna-Janae: No, I don’t. All I remember is that I liked the concept of the story, but unfortunately it was poorly written. Luckily I wasn’t deterred from my search to find better-written fan fiction.

CareMarie: Is there a story behind your pen name?
Arianna-Janae: Yes, yes there is, and it’s a long story. Like 13 years long. So here’s a summary: Arianna Janae de Genevois is my persona name in the SCA. The is a world-wide organization that recreates the Medieval and Renaissance time periods.

CareMarie:What story(ies) are you reading right now?
Arianna-Janae: Dead On My Feet by Cesca Marie. It has a surprising story-line and Bella and Edward’s personalities are very different. My husband lost me for three days when I found this story! There were a few others, but I got fed up with them. Esme said “dear” or “deary” in every other sentence and Jasper called everyone “Darlin”. Too much of that sort of thing will send me packin.

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite character and if so, why that character?
Arianna-Janae: I’ve thought about this and I honestly don’t know. There are characters in the books that I wish had been more fleshed out. I would like to know more about Kate and Benjamin.

--Stories--

CareMarie: First off, tell us a little bit about your stories:
Arianna-Janae: Neverending Night was born out of my frustration over the uncertain ending at the conclusion of BD. Many other people I have talked to were satisfied with the series ending there, but not me. I had so many questions swimming around in my head, so many circumstances that I knew could come up. So I sat out to explore the possibilities of life for Bella after her Happily Ever After. Besides, is there really such a thing?

To Hate Your Own Existence was an idea that sprung up in my head and I had to put to paper (er, computer) before I lost it. I didn’t plan on starting this venture in the middle of Neverending Night. This story has a very different Bella, who was turned back in Phoenix. She was taken in by a half-vampire, Lily, who showed her an alternative to the typical vampire diet. Lily taught her never to trust a vampire; that they were monsters. In her travels, she happened upon a hiker in the woods surrounding Forks, Washington. Doing what a goodly vampire would do, she took him to the hospital. A certain Dr. Cullen just happened to be working a shift this night, and the story unfolds.

CareMarie: Why did you pick the pairings that you did?
Arianna-Janae: Well, in Neverending Night, I wanted to keep it true to the series, so the canon pairing was a must. In To Hate Your Own Existence, I’m not quite sure of my pairing, or if there will be one.*mischievous smirk*

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite point of view to write in?
Arianna-Janae: I used to always write in third person. After reading Twilight in the first-person, I decided to write Neverending Night in Bella’s point of view. To Hate Your Own Existence just followed suit. I’m dying to do Aro’s point of view though.

CareMarie: Was there a part in the Twilight Saga that inspired you?
Arianna-Janae:The emotion behind the characters is what I found so engaging about the stories. So I guess that was the reason I started writing fan fiction and reading it. I didn’t want the story to be over.

CareMarie: How did you decide to post your stories?
Arianna-Janae: I was apprehensive about posting. In fact I felt like the eye in the sky of fan fiction for a while; silently reading stories. After reading several fics and reading the overwhelmingly positive feedback of those stories, I found the nerve. I vividly remember the happy dance I did after the first feedback I received.

CareMarie: Have you ever changed your story outline based off of a review?
Arianna-Janae: Nope, mainly because so little of my story is pre-determined before I sit down to write. I’m a flow as I go kind of person. Hey, it worked in college. *smiles*

CareMarie: Do any of your characters in your story remind you of yourself?
Arianna-Janae: Sure! Shannon has a few of my personality traits, some magnified and others more subtle. I’ve always felt simpatico with Bella, which makes her easier to write for me. I’d like to think that I have more of a backbone though.

CareMarie: Lastly, why did you decide to become part of the VGuard?
Arianna-Janae: Oh! I received an e-mail from RaindropSoup, asking permission to adVocate my story. I was blown away away and truly honored. After checking out the site premise, I just fell in love with the idea behind it; drawing light to the less-known fan fictions and those that think outside the box. I saw the link to the applications for V-stall and thought 'what the hey'. In the process I've met some great ladies *hugs* and found some awesome fics!

0 comments:

Post a Comment