Thursday, December 30, 2010

Shirley007 Pursued by CareMarie


* Author Name: Shirley007

* Stories: Top 13 Stories
Sexual Awareness Class - Marionette - Your First - The Prophecy - One night only - Ti amo - Swan Ranch - Obsessed - I'll find you - Fame and Glory - Dale's journey - Lead me out of the darkness (Dark Angel) - Save my body (Supernatural/Twilight crossover)

* VStaff Member who requested the Pursuit of Shirley007: Spirare

CareMarie: Tell us a little bit about yourself:
Shirley007: I'm a 26 year old single mother, who loves reading and writing. I study Child psychology and Orthopedagogy, while doing my residence at the hospital. Besides writing fanfic and some original works, I'm involved with several blogs and I also love RP'ing. Who doesn't want to be someone else for a little while? *winks*

CareMarie: How did you get introduced into Fan Fiction?
Shirley007: I often visited the application 'Addicted to Twilight'. On their forum was a link to a fanfic and out of curiosity, I clicked it, which led me into the magical world of fanfiction. I was instantly hooked and couldn't stop reading these creative stories, which honestly were often ten times better than the original.

CareMarie: Do you remember the first story you read?
Shirley007: Oh boy, do I! It was 'The Arrangement' by manyafandom.


CareMarie: Is there a story behind your pen name?
Shirley007: Well, I originally wanted sjoeke007, 'cause that's a name I used a lot over the years.

Sjoeke is a Dutch (Flemish dialect) word for Sweetheart. A lot of people often comment on my sweet, kind and shy nature, so I got called 'sjoeke' on a daily basis.

And 007...well, growing up I loved James Bond movies. At elementary school, I would play with the boys and pretended to be 'Jane Bond', because I lack the male genitalia to be the perfect James. As I grew older, they would often still call out "There goes 007." or "Bond, Jane Bond." It was something I never got rid off.

Anyway, since FF.net said I couldn't use that name for whatever reason - I don't really remember - I went with my real first name, Shirley, instead of sjoeke.

CareMarie: What story (ies) are you reading right now?
Shirley007: Are you ready for another book? *chuckles*
The Box - abbymickey24
We Found Each Other - Jaspers Izzy
A Delicate Line - darkNnerdy
A Normal Halloween - HammerHips and JamesRamsey
Fate's Savior - Rosalynn
Conversations With My Killer - Oracle Vas
The Education of Professor Cullen - sheviking
The Third Wife - nails233
In You, I am Complete - Bbebar
Conflicted Love - JasperLuver48
Keep Awake - JaspersCherry
Benson Hall - MaitresseSaint
Visions of Our Destiny - ForksPixie
Sweetbriar - Nise7465
Awake in the Dark - Kitty Cullen-03
Hit and Run - lifelesslyndsey
Nowhere to Run - Spirare
Identity - Mimi-Love-4ever
Rise of the Fallen - ohmyitsv
Twice Bitten, TheSortofSequeltoOBTS - lifelesslyndsey
The Dick in Me - FL95
Hourglass - Bronzehairedgirl620
Senior Year - abbymickey24
and so many more...

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite character and if so, why that character?
<Shirley007: Not one, but the Whitlocks in general. Jasper, Peter and Charlotte have lived through the Southern Wars and still they found a way to live peacefully. They are strong, fierce, and unresistable. I just feel drawn to them, and I have no other way to explain it.

--Stories--

CareMarie: First off, tell us a little bit about your stories:
Shirley007: That's a hard one, sweetheart. All my stories are very different. I don't like to write in one certain style or about one certain theme, so there's a lot of variety in them. I could not possibly tell you something about all of them, but maybe a little bit about the WIP's...

'Marionette' is a rather unique story. The idea came to me when Sorcha Cullen sang me a line she had written for a song. 'Write a page in my book, play me like a marionette.'
My mind instantly went into overdrive and that's how Marionette got created. Bella buys a book from Laurent on a yard sale. She's a rather peculiar character; very grouchy and bitter, and the best relationship she has is with her stress ball.

Anyway, she uses that book to write a story that came to her. A story about a vampire called Peter Whitlock. She is unaware that this man actually exists. Everything she writes in the book, happens to the real vampire Peter. He becomes Bella's own puppet on a string, without her even knowing it.

'Your First' pretty much explains itself. It's a story about first love, and being that person's first lover. Jasper is completely overwhelmed by Bella, and becomes this adorable, stuttering little fool. It's kinda cute.

'The Prophecy' is a story that contains the biggest part of me for the moment. It involves a lot of my personal favorite topics; religion, mythology, love, war, and so much more.
Centuries ago a prophecy was made about the Enlightened One, who would rid the world from evil. No one could have expected it was the same Bella Swan that's in the crazy farm. Well, she is at the start anyway. She turns out to be a lot of things, but crazy isn't one of them. There is so much happening in this story, I don't even know where to start. It's just something you have to read, to be able to grasp it.

'One Night Only' is an Edward/Bella story. This is very rare for me. But I always give the readers a chance to help decide in what I write next (poll on profile) and this is what they wanted. Edward and Bella had a one night stand five years ago. After a misunderstanding, they were both left with a broken heart the next morning. Bella got more than that though, she was also left with a baby. Now, Edward is returning home from England with his girlfriend Tanya. Throw in a psycho-Alice and Jasper, and you've got yourself a little soap opera.

'After all' is nearly finished. It's a short story about a marriage gone bad. Bella is an aspiring author who stays at home, and Jasper is the musician that can't find/keep a job because music rules his world. Will they find their way back to each other?

'Save my Body' is a Supernatural/Twilight Crossover. After Dean returns from the future where he saw his own death at the hand of Lucifer (Sam) he's determined to try a different approach. He brings him to the only person that has been in Sam's heart for ages, Bella Bella is engaged to Edward, but when he turns into the world's biggest asshole, it's not that hard for her to finally follow her heart. Hunting, the Apocalypse, Death, and so much more.

'Searching the Unknown' is a collab with Jasper Sex Kitten. It's about a relationship between Jasper, Emmett and Bella. Both vampires had been left by their mates and started working at the university Bella goes to. Of course she can't resist their charms. There will be a lot of BDSM in this story.

'Mine' will be continued, but it might take a while. *hangs head in shame* I have so many projects going on, and this one works as a one shot for now. It's a Darkisle story.

'Different Paths' is a non-fiction story, even though the names are changed to fit Twilight characters. It's pretty much the story of my grandfather (Jasper), his sister (Rosalie), her Jewish friends (Edward and Bella) and 'Edward's' brother (Peter). I only write what my family told me when I was a child. I also use the history report I once made of the victims (Edward and Peter) for high school as a guide. All of it is real. I will also continue this one at a later date.

'Turning Points' is a collaboration with ohmyitsv. You can find under our Twin alias. It's about a Bella who has always been repressed by her mother and who's dying to break free. When she meets the bad boy vampire Jasper, she sets out on a journey of drugs, alcohol, sex and rock 'n roll. Rebellion in its purest form.

CareMarie: Why did you pick the pairings that you did?
Shirley007: I usually pick Jasper or Peter as my leading man, but if I get challenged to write another male, I'll do it. Why? Because I freaking love the Whitlocks! They rule my world. *giggles*

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite point of view to write in?
Shirley007: Not really. Although a lot of people tell me my best writing is in Jasper's point of view. I don't know why though.

CareMarie: Was there a part in the Twilight Saga that inspired you?
Shirley007: Jasper's background in Eclipse. It's so full of holes, you can just do about anything with the Whitlock characters.

CareMarie: How did you decide to post your stories?
Shirley007: Curiosity. I wanted to see what it was like, so I wrote something and got amazing feedback. Nowadays, it's encouragement, encouragement and even more encouragement. I won't post anything until someone tells me it's good enough. Insecure, I guess.

CareMarie: Have you ever changed your story outline based off of a review? If so, what was the review and what did you change?
Shirley007: No. For starters, I rarely outline my stories. I have a start and an end in mind, and that's about it. All the middle stuff just has to flow from my fingers to the computer screen. I tried outlining a couple of times, but I can never stick to the original idea, so it's just a big waste of time. I do not let other people's reviews steer me though. I just write whatever pops into my mind at that exact moment.

If I should do that, it would be like a street with no end. Every reader wants something else. I can't possibly give into all of their wishes. And it would be unfair of me to do it for just one person.

CareMarie: Do any of your characters in your story remind you of yourself?
Shirley007: Frequently. Every character I have ever written has a part of me in it. Personal experiences, or maybe even character traits; I put them in my characters, because it makes them more real to me. And in turn, that makes it easier for me to write about them.

2 comments: