Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ace1014 Pursued by CareMarie


* Author Name: ace1014

* Stories:
Bell Whitlock- Enslaved- Escape- Imprinted- Mate- Mate and Mother- Mating- Imperative- Recognized Soul- The Guardian- The Healer
* Interview Requested By: Chinese Miko

CareMarie: Tell us a little bit about yourself:
Ace1014: I am a twenty-year-old College student majoring in Creative Writing who spends way too much time on FanFiction. I have always loved reading and writing. After a couple months of reading everyone else's plotting of Stephanie Meyer's characters I found myself itching to try it. That was how I got started and now I am almost scarily addicted.

CareMarie: How did you get introduced into Fan Fiction?
Ace1014: Honestly it was a mistake. I was checking out some sights that were posting original works and I was wondering about doing it myself. In my search I stumbled upon someone's fanfiction. I was hooked and checked out more and the rest is history.

CareMarie: Do you remember the first story you read?
Ace1014: I honestly do not know what was the first story that I read. I do know that it was a Twilight story with a Edward and Bella pairing.


CareMarie: Is there a story behind your pen name?
Ace1014: My initials spell out A-C-E and my birthday is October 14th. So my name became ace1014.

CareMarie: What story (ies) are you reading right now?
Ace1014: Right now I am hooked on the multiple pairings as well as the dominant pairings. For example
There's no such thing as too much PB&J! by moore8879
Finding Love After Heart Break by blondie134
The Metlakatla Reserve and Bella by ilovlaughter
New Life, New Pack and a New Love by blondie134
The Alpha, The Hothead and The Human by blondie134
Two Wolves One Imprint by blondie134


CareMarie: Do you have a favorite character and if so, why that character?
Ace1014: I would have to say that I like characters that are dominant and kick **. So I would have to say my absolute favorite character is Jasper. Only it had to be the God of War Jasper rather than the more pansy jazzy that is sometimes portrayed.

--Stories--



CareMarie: First off, tell us a little bit about your stories:
Ace1014: For the most part my stories revolve around a stronger Bella. None of my work conforms to the characters or storyline that Stephanie Meyer's presented. Some will launch off of her plot but usually I manipulate the characters to create a more sinister character or a more defiant character.

CareMarie: Why did you pick the pairings that you did?
Ace1014: Most of my pairings are a stronger Bella with a dominant man. I have a more dominating amount of Bella and Jasper. I have one that is a manage trios with Bella paired with Paul and Bella. I have a Bella and Jacob and a Bella and Carlisle. I have two Edward and Bella's but the one is an all human pairing and the other is an Edward who is not going to be the Edward from Stephanie Meyer all pansy assed.

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite point of view to write in?
Ace1014: Generally speaking I stick to a third person only because otherwise I find myself having to overlap points of view to get all the information I want across to the reader.

CareMarie: Was there a part in the Twilight Saga that inspired you?
Ace1014: Honestly the utter devotion that you see where self-importance seems to vanish. Also the idea of imprinting fascinates me.

CareMarie: How did you decide to post your stories?
Ace1014: My first story that I ever wrote and posted was The Guardian. I was still stuck on the whole Bella and Edward but I wanted Bella to be stronger and have more importance. Also I wanted Edward to pull the stick out of his ** and become more God of War like with the inner beast. I played around with it until I thought it was good enough. Once I was there I figured I would post it and if it were totally hated I would pull it with no harm done. People responded so well that I decided to keep going until I found myself posting a more and more.

CareMarie: Have you ever changed your story outline based off of a review? If so, what
was the review and what did you change?
Ace1014: I have never changed a story line but I did change the way I was writing. With Mating Imperative I was bouncing from points of view in the story and as such some of the chapters were repeating with different views and emotions and information being brought in. A reviewer mentioned that the repetition could potentially bog down the plot and story. I understood and the rest I wrote in third person getting both across without having the needless repetition.

CareMarie: Do any of your characters in your story remind you of yourself?
Ace1014: I would have to say that the characters seem to pick up my bad habits such as swearing. Other than that not really. I mean sometimes I will find myself giving Bella more of a backbone only because I cannot imagine myself reacting so pansily to a situation. So I guess some of the actions that I make her take are based off of how I would respond to the situations and in response the male's may be twisted to fit how I would want them to act should they be my man.

1 comment: