Friday, March 23, 2012

Vouched! "The Newborn" by @BellaDCullen



"The Newborn" by belladonnacullen
Edward & Tanya, Pre-Twilight, T, WIP
Summary: Edward's life from 1918 - 2006. See him as a newborn, a rebellious killer, as his family grows, and as he turns into the vampire we know and love him as today. P.S. Tanya's always been in love with him. E/TPOV


I happen to be a big fan of Edward/Tanya stories. Unfortunately, there aren't many of them out there. When I stumbled upon this one, I have to admit I squealed like a school girl.

Now, I feel like I have to give fair warning here and tell you this story is currently on hiatus. In fact, I really went back and forth with myself on whether or not to post it for that very reason. Maybe I'm secretly hoping that if enough people read and review it, begging belladonnacullen to continue it, that she might give in.

Like my fellow readers and writers out there, I love that SM left so many possibilities and unanswered questions for us to explore. Belladonnacullen does just that in this pre-twilight story. She takes the hint of a relationship between Edward and Tanya and runs with it.

Our first glimpse of Edward shows us a skittish newborn who's red eyes flicker at every movement. Still, even in the chaos of this new life, Tanya is drawn to him. She tries to maintain her distance—both physically and in her thoughts—but she can't help but be drawn to him.

Will the idealistic Edward be able to accept Tanya? Will he be able to see past her nighttime escapades to find the intelligent and insightful woman beneath?

Take a journey with The Newborn and see Esme's change, and the interesting dynamic it creates for the new coven. Feel Edward's resentment when he discovers Carlisle's reason for changing Rosalie. Join Edward in his fall from grace as he becomes the red-eyed vigilante. See Emmett's struggle to handle the blood and the jealousy. Then, kick me in the ass when you get to the last chapter and realize that's it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment