Monday, January 24, 2011

magan bagan Pursued by CareMarie


* Author Name: magan bagan
* Stories: For the Love of a King, No One Saw the Pain and it's sequel The Family that Stays Together

CareMarie: Tell us a little bit about yourself:
Magan Bagan: Hmm, let's see. I'm 25 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice. I'm incredibly shy, so this whole online writing thing has been perfect for me. And, all through high school and college I danced (miss it like crazy, too). Oh, and I love to say random movie quotes.

CareMarie: How did you get introduced into Fan Fiction?
Magan Bagan: I randomly came across fanfiction.net on the internet and found stories that people were writing about Edward and Bella. It intrigued me.1

CareMarie: Do you remember the first story you read?
Magan Bagan: The first couple of stories I read were Written in the Stars by EclipseoftheTwilightMoon and My Brother's Best Friend by jennlynnfs.

CareMarie: Is there a story behind your pen name?
Magan Bagan: My penname is actually a nickname that my sister gave me a while back. She made up a song and used magan bagan in it, the name sort of stuck after that.


CareMarie: What story (ies) are you reading right now?
Magan Bagan: Too many to count, especially now that I validate on Twilighted.net. But a couple of my favorites that I'm reading are Expecations and Other Moving Pieces by chrometurtle, Hydraulic Level 5 by Gondolier, and Mens Rea by forbidden-fruit81. They are all so amazingly well written and draw you in for completely different reasons.

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite character and if so, why that character?
Magan Bagan: One of my favorite versions of the Cullens was Emmett in valeri29's On a Lonesome Road. He was hilarious and awesome, and truly like how you'd want your big brother to be. He was how I pictured Emmett in the original series.

--Stories--

CareMarie: First off, tell us a little bit about your stories:
Magan Bagan: They're all a little different. NOSTP and TFTST deal with the effects of rape. Bella was kidnapped and raped by James as a teenager, and NOSTP dealt with the aftermath of what she went through. Edward was the one person who got through to her and helped her fight. TFTST is the sequel.
For the Love of a King is about an arranged marriage between Bella and Prince Edward. He's blind and doesn't think he's really worth anything. I'm writing about their journey, discovering love and who they are with each other.

CareMarie: Why did you pick the pairings that you did?
Magan Bagan: I love Edward and Bella. Their love is just so beautiful and strong, nothing can break it and that's fascinating to me. I've tried writing about the other Cullens as well, but for me it's easier to write Edward and Bella.

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite point of view to write in?
Magan Bagan: Edward's POV from FTLOK is probably my favorite. He's just so sweet and kind, and really wants to see Bella.

CareMarie: Was there a part in the Twilight Saga that inspired you?
Magan Bagan: I think the meadow scene from Twilight is what's always stuck with me. That's such a pivotal moment for them and you find out just how strong and undeniable their love is for one another at that point.

CareMarie: How did you decide to post your stories?
Magan Bagan: I think one day I had gotten bored of just waiting for the stories I loved to update and figured it couldn't hurt for me to try. It was the most nerve wracking experience for me when I finally decided to post, I didn't think anyone would read it, let alone like it. But, I've never looked back.

CareMarie: Have you ever changed your story outline based off of a review? If so, what was the review and what did you change?
Magan Bagan: No, I haven't. For the most part I've always known the general idea of where I want to take my stories and if I ever did decide to change anything, it would be because it wasn't working out the way I had originally intended.

CareMarie: Do any of your characters in your story remind you of yourself?
Magan Bagan: Both of the Bella's from NOSTP and FTLOK have a little bit of me in them. Their insecurities and self doubts. It's difficult not to add a little bit of yourself into your characters. They come from you and are a product of the story you want to tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment