Friday, January 7, 2011

Pursuing The VStaff — VGuard Miss-Beckie-Louise


Author Name: Miss-Beckie-Louise
Stories: Fighting For Everything We're Worth; Fighting For Control; A New Love, A New Life; A New Love, An Old War; Love Behind Bars; The Decision; Volturi Queen; Volturi Queen Outakes

CareMarie: Tell us a little bit about yourself:
Beckie-Louise: I'm 19 years old, currently an apprentice administrator for a housing association in Chippenham, UK. I'm currently writing two fanfics, a novel as well as do a qualification in Business Administration and Customer Service.

CareMarie: Why did you decide to become part of The LUV’NV?
Beckie-Louise: To get more involved in the Fandom, and it’s a chance to try something new.

CareMarie: How did you get introduced into Fan Fiction?
Beckie-Louise: Through my childhood friend Sobriquett.

CareMarie: Do you remember the first story you read?
Beckie-Louise: Nope. I wish I did though.


CareMarie: Is there a story behind your pen name?
Beckie-Louise: It's just something that a friend at school called me. We went through stages of calling each other something different and then one day she wrote on a piece of paper in maths "Miss Beckie Louise" and I liked it and I've stuck with it ever since.

CareMarie: What story (ies) are you reading right now?
Beckie-Louise: I'm reading Life Happens, So Just Roll With it at the moment, along with my story updates but I haven't read much lately other than on the train in which case I'm reading the Black Brotherhood Series by J.R.Ward.

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite character and if so, why that character?
Beckie-Louise: I don't have a favourite but I'm kind of obsessed with Jasper and Marcus. They're both fantastic characters and we hardly know anything about them. I just love how we have reign over that when we're writing, we can make them to be whoever we want them to be and no one can say any different.

--Stories--

CareMarie: First off, tell us a little bit about your stories:
Beckie-Louise: Fighting For Everything We're Worth is my first ever fanfic, I hadn't written anything before unless it was for school, and I was stuck with an idea and it just came to me one day, I started writing it and the rest is history.

The fanfic I'm currently writing; Volturi Queen, is completely different to anything I have written before. It's Volturi fic, (obviously, clue is in the name) and it's the first fic where I have written a lemon into it. I've read a lot of fics where Bella is with someone from the Volturi and they haven't been that good, and I just wanted to try writing one myself and that is what I came up with.

CareMarie: Why did you pick the pairings that you did?
Beckie-Louise: I went through a stage of reading Bella and *insert Volutri Member here* and I had read a Bella and Marcus fic, can't remember what it was, but it was awful, the spelling, grammar, and there was no plot to it, I wanted to see if I could come up with something and make it my own and make it enjoyable for other people.

CareMarie: Do you have a favorite point of view to write in?
Beckie-Louise: Bella. It's so much easier. I've tried Jasper, Marcus and even Edward and it's so hard. With Bella, it's easy because we're so used to reading it when we read Twilight and with it being in a female POV I can think "Well, I'd feel like this" so I'd write how I'd feel.

CareMarie: Was there a part in the Twilight Saga that inspired you?
Beckie-Louise: Not inspired, per say. I loved the saga at first before I got into fanfic and then I read some amazing fanfics, (Wide Awake for example) and then I tried reading them again and just saw how bad they really are. Most of my fics are centered around Edward leaving, it's such a typical spot in the saga to use as a starting point but it really is an effective one.

CareMarie: How did you decide to post your stories?
Beckie-Louise: I wanted to see if my writing was any good and I didn't have the problem like so many other people did with putting theirs up. I had put up a chapter on Fictionpress beforehand which wasn't as easy as it was mine completely but Sobriquett helped with that and set my mind at ease for any "AGHHH what am I doing" moments.

CareMarie: Have you ever changed your story outline based off of a review? If so, what was the review and what did you change?
Beckie-Louise: Yes! Volturi Queen actually, I originally planned for something to happen to Bella and a review completely changed all that and now I've re-planned it a few times to make it into what I think is probably better than before.

CareMarie: Do any of your characters in your story remind you of yourself?
Beckie-Louise: Nope. I wish. Although, I do occasionally find that I'm a bit of a pushover like Bella is. But that's about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment